Statement of Work:
The Department of the Navy (DON) is seeking a strategic industry partner to:
Finalize its transformation to modernize and optimize financial management (FM), Accountable Property System of Record (APSR), and human resource management and workload management (HRM&WM) for the DON by fully implementing ERP at the enterprise level as the system of record for the DON.
Perform sustainment activities on all deployed modules within the Navy ERP system.
Implement Navy ERP across the Navy enterprise to process, store, transmit financial data, and manage people, inventory, property, plant and equipment with no to minimal customization to the Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) SAP product. The outcome will be an optimized, sustainable DON resource management (RM) system of record that reliably and cost effectively delivers improved service, standardized processes and functionality, and an auditable system of record for the DON.
IBM was an integral part of the implementation of Navy ERP which was fully deployed across 7 (seven) NWCF commands including NAWC-AD/WD, NAVAIR FRCs, NAVSUP-WCF, NAVSEA-NUWC/NSWC, Depots (Shipyards), and SSC WCF by Fiscal Year 2012. In April 2018, the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Navy (DASN) mandated all NWCF commands to transition their fund activities to Navy ERP by October 1, 2020. The Navy requests that the remaining 9 General Fund organizations be brought into Navy ERP to support the financial management requirements to meet fundamental audit standards and Navy business processes.
This position is expected to provide expert level business process guidance on SAP requirements and design and audit readiness. This position requires experience in designing/configuring business processes in SAP FM to support the planning and testing of the Navy ERP system upgrade. This position requires FM experience in designing/configuring business processes to: process transactions associated with budget entry, supplements, transfers, returns, funds reservations, funds commitments, budgetary ledger, special purpose ledger, and budget version planning; perform year end close; enable automatic availability control/checking; and reconcile differences between AVC and FM ledgers. Candidate must have expertise with MM, SD, and FI to integrate functionality
10+ years of SAP experience. Possesses Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience in one or more functional/module area. Knowledge of and experience with DoD and specifically Navy ERP preferred. Requires strong organization and communication skills. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. Senior level may supervise others.
Experience in software development lifecycle surrounding requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, test (unit, functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance), implementation, and post production support of standard and custom business solutions supporting the FM SAP module (in a Tier 3 environment). Please refer to Position Description above for more details.
5+ years FM experience
• Experience in post go-live production support and break/fix
• Focus on customer service and responsiveness, with sound customer handling skills
• Federal experience required (DoD experience preferred)
• DoD clearance required (must be clearable)
Primary Job Duties:
- Provide FM expertise to confirm/develop/test business requirements in support of upgrade
- Provide configuration, data migration, interface, and functional support as necessary;
- Lead design of FM interfaces, conversion programs, reports, and enhancements;
- Develop and maintain systems documentation including business process procedures, functional design specifications, process flows, and test cases;
- Support development of training work products and respond to trainer questions;
- Define user authorization requirements;
- Provide help desk support, assisting and resolving end user support problems, resolving FM defects (‘break/fix’), analyzing proposed improvements or changes to the Navy ERP FM solution and system; and
- Prepare/conduct briefings, demos or training sessions as needed.