Statement of Work:
The Department of the Navy (DON) is seeking a strategic industry partner to:
- Finalize its transformation to modernize and optimize financial management (FM), Accountable Property System of Record (APSR), and human resource management and workload management (HRM&WM) for the DON by fully implementing ERP at the enterprise level as the system of record for the DON.
- Perform sustainment activities on all deployed modules within the Navy ERP system.
- Implement Navy ERP across the Navy enterprise to process, store, transmit financial data, and manage people, inventory, property, plant and equipment with no to minimal customization to the Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) SAP product. The outcome will be an optimized, sustainable DON resource management (RM) system of record that reliably and cost effectively delivers improved service, standardized processes and functionality, and an auditable system of record for the DON.
The project is to upgrade Navy ERP components, to include an appropriate level of regression testing. This includes:
• Upgrading the listed Navy ERP components with appropriate Support Stacks, OSS and PILOT notes for ECC Enhancement Pack 8 Support Stack 15, CUA Netweaver Support Stack 21, SCM Enhancement Pack 8 Support Stack 15, BW Netweaver Support Stack 21, SRM Enhancement Pack 8 Support Stack 15, WebMethods 10.5 or 10.7
• Progressively transitioning the upgraded components through the landscapes
• Time box / constraining all landscape activities to conform to the baselined schedule with the exception of the Production cutover date.
This position is expected to provide expert level business process guidance on SAP requirements and design and audit readiness in support of the upgrade. This position requires experience in designing/configuring business processes in SAP AM to: manage day-to-day accounting of property items throughout their lifecycle including acquisition, transfers and retirement; maintain and manage fixed asset expenditures against funding authorizations, including the management and reporting of CPP authorizations/authority; execute periodic processing activities for monthly depreciation and mass changes to asset master records; perform year end closing of asset accounting; transfer of assets within / between cost centers; and perform and record the results of the physical inventory of fixed asset property items.
Primary Job Duties:
- Provide AM expertise to confirm/develop/test business requirements in support of upgrade
- Provide configuration, data migration, interface, and functional support as necessary;
- Lead design of AM interfaces, conversion programs, reports, and enhancements;
- Develop and maintain systems documentation including business process procedures, functional design specifications, process flows, and test cases;
- Support development of training work products and respond to trainer questions;
- Define user authorization requirements;
- Provide help desk support, assisting and resolving end user support problems, resolving AM defects (‘break/fix’), analyzing proposed improvements or changes to the Navy ERP AM solution and system; and
- Prepare/conduct briefings, demos or training sessions as needed.
Possesses Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience in one or more functional/module area. Knowledge of and experience with DoD and specifically Navy ERP preferred. Requires strong organization and communication skills. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. Senior level may supervise others.
Experience in software development lifecycle surrounding requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, test (unit, functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance), implementation, and post production support of standard and custom business solutions supporting the AM SAP module (in a Tier 3 environment). Refer to Position Description above for more details.
5+ years AM experience
• Experience in post go-live production support and break/fix
• Focus on customer service and responsiveness, with sound customer handling skills
• Federal experience required (DoD experience preferred)
• DoD clearance required (must be clearable)