Statement of Work:
The Department of the Navy (DON) is seeking a strategic industry partner to:
- Finalize its transformation to modernize and optimize financial management (FM), Accountable Property System of Record (APSR), and human resource management and workload management (HRM&WM) for the DON by fully implementing ERP at the enterprise level as the system of record for the DON.
- Perform sustainment activities on all deployed modules within the Navy ERP system.
- Implement Navy ERP across the Navy enterprise to process, store, transmit financial data, and manage people, inventory, property, plant and equipment with no to minimal customization to the Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) SAP product. The outcome will be an optimized, sustainable DON resource management (RM) system of record that reliably and cost effectively delivers improved service, standardized processes and functionality, and an auditable system of record for the DON.
The project is to upgrade Navy ERP components, to include an appropriate level of regression testing. This includes:
• Upgrading the listed Navy ERP components with appropriate Support Stacks, OSS and PILOT notes for ECC Enhancement Pack 8 Support Stack 15, CUA Netweaver Support Stack 21, SCM Enhancement Pack 8 Support Stack 15, BW Netweaver Support Stack 21, SRM Enhancement Pack 8 Support Stack 15, WebMethods 10.5 or 10.7
• Progressively transitioning the upgraded components through the landscapes
• Time box / constraining all landscape activities to conform to the baselined schedule with the exception of the Production cutover date.
This position is expected to provide expert level business process guidance on SAP requirements and design and audit readiness in support of the upgrade. Testing/Worksoft Consultant will be responsible for working on the test team, providing expertise and guidance to the testing organization. Candidate must have prior experience testing for a large complex SAP environment. Candidate must be knowledgeable in industry standard testing tools and best practices, especially Worksoft. Experience in SAP ASAP Methodology and Federal Government testing requirements preferred. Candidate should also have prior experience in working with HP ALM and in the implementation of automated testing tools.
Primary Job Duties:
- Provide testing and Worksoft expertise to confirm/develop/test business requirements in support of upgrade
- Develop and maintain systems documentation including business process procedures, functional design specifications, process flows, and test cases;
- Support development of training work products and respond to trainer questions
Possesses Subject Matter Expert (SME) experience in one or more functional/module area. Knowledge of and experience with DoD and specifically Navy ERP preferred. Requires strong organization and communication skills. Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments. Plans and leads major technology assignments. Evaluates performance results and recommends major changes affecting short-term project growth and success. Functions as a technical expert across multiple project assignments. Senior level may supervise others.
Experience in software development lifecycle surrounding requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, documentation, test (unit, functional, integration, regression, stress, and user acceptance), implementation, and post production support of standard and custom business solutions supporting various SAP modules, such as ECC, BW, SCM, SRM, etc… (in a Tier 3 environment) with respect to providing expert level business process guidance. Please see Position Description above for more details.
• 5 years test experience with SAP
• Worksoft certification preferred
• Large Commercial Client and/or Public Sector experience - DoD preferred
• Testing in support of 3 full lifecycle implementations or major releases
• Automated test tool implementation and day to day execution
• Excellent client communication and writing skills
• Significant experience leading or performing testing activities for an ERP program