PSR Associates, Inc.
is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
Client location is Charlotte, NC
. All work must be completed on East Coast work hours.
Occasional travel to Knoxville, TN and Washington DC may be required.
Education and Experience:
- Assist the management of Information Security and when assigned, take the lead in the development, implementation, verification and enforcement of security policies and guidelines.
- Lead as assigned the development and maintenance of documentation that details our security environment, including but not limited to device build documents, policy documentation, topology diagrams, technical standards, operational procedures and troubleshooting how to\'s.
- Identify and mitigate vulnerabilities and attacks within the computing environment.
- Research, design, and lead implementation of new methods and technologies that may be applicable to securing our client while meeting applicable security policies and standards
- Research new threats, attacks and vulnerabilities that may affect the computing environment to learn how to identify and react to them.
- Assists in responding to audits, in the remediation of findings and validation of remediation from various testing and assessments.
- Install and configure new computer security packages.
- Install, update and configure security devices and other hardware used in the protection of computing environment.
- Assist the management of Information Security in technical support issues, investigations and risk assessment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve security related computer or network problems.
- Respond to end users request involving security related computing or networking problems.
- Consult with end users regarding their secure computing needs, making recommendations for new products and solutions.
- Lead as assigned other technical resources within Information Technology services and resources across the sectors to ensure security is factored into the evaluation, selection, installation and configuration of hardware and software solutions.
- Continue to be educated on new and emerging security risks and technologies that effect computing environment.
- Assist in the development of new security architectures.
- Co-ordinate endpoint protection and participate in any required incident response.
- Mobile device security support.
- Perform penetration assessments against web applications produced, managed
- Assume leadership role over assigned projects.
- Assist in the development of the Information Security team through direct mentorship of junior technical resources.
- Review applications in accordance with OWASP Application Security Verification Standard (ASVS).
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor\'s degree or equivalent experience desired.
- 6-12 year’s technical experience in related fields (information security, computers, telecom, networking, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of the Windows operating systems (Workstation & Server).
- Strong knowledge of other OSs (Apple, UNIX, Linux).
- Working knowledge of various security tools such as EPP, EDR, vulnerability management, threat intelligence, application assessment, etc.
- Working knowledge of SIEM solutions and Soc operations
- Working knowledge of forensic toolkits and virus/malware response.
- Working knowledge of at least 3 for the following scripting languages: a) Python, b) Perl, c) Linux/Unix Shell script, d) Java, e) PowerShell or f) C.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and related Internet and network protocols.
- Strong knowledge of firewalls, IPS, IDS, HIPS, VPN, TLS/SSL, terminal servers, RAS and DNS.
- Strong knowledge of PCAP analyzation for troubleshooting and traffic identification.
- Knowledge of various network switches, routers, hubs, etc.
- Expert knowledge of browsers and exploit methods.
- Motivated self-starter
- Committed to continuous education through formal and informal professional development
- Operates with discretion and confidentiality as appropriate
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Functions well in a team environment