PSR Associates, Inc.
is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
Job Description -
Data Project Manager/Scrum Master
Scrum Master with experience managing and collaborating with various project resources and vendors to ensure Agile adoption and principles are followed. Experience providing project management oversight for resourcing, scope, estimates, schedule, development, quality assurance, risk management, financial management and coordinating interdependencies..
Primary Responsibilities as Project Manager:
Primary responsibilities as Scrum Master:
- Managing projects by defining and achieving project outcomes and meeting project key performance metric targets;
- Utilizing and applying into projects knowledge of IT implementation and maintenance, learning initiatives, operations reporting, metrics, marketing and communications;
- Exploring new technologies & assembling and managing product teams by working closely with engineering team and stakeholders;
- Working in small multidisciplinary teams to help build products that are beneficial to our consultants and their clients;
- Demonstrating flexibility by working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements;
- Establishing a successful collaboration model with business leadership teams and functional leadership teams;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key management within significant vendor organizations and leveraging those relationships to solve any relationship issues and to stay current with technology and other developments within those companies;
- Presenting at meetings and conferences to create awareness of product strategy and generate excitement for future business opportunities;
- Providing valuable stakeholder feedback to address and taking action to meet the firm's strategic goals;
- Representing stakeholders and setting product and project vision;
- Working with the development team, by creating and managing a product roadmap;
- Prioritizing new features/development and establishing execution is completed;
- Managing/coaching small multidisciplinary product teams and collaborating with designers, business users, and developers to innovate and drive product development;
- Being an influential voice on behalf of the customer (our consultants and their clients) constantly thinking about their needs and the reflection of those needs in the products we deliver;
- Producing visual prototype and functional prototypes with agile approaches;
Demonstrating effective collaboration with teams spanning multiple geographies; and,
Collaborating with constituents to generate proposals and helping to manage deployment of offshore based resources to deliver engagements.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Act as Scrum Master for one or multiple teams, providing a learning environment to maximize team efficiency and overall business value
- Facilitate all Scrum-related rituals and ceremonies (Daily Stand Up, Iteration Planning, Iteration Review, etc.) while maintaining all Scrum artifacts (Iteration backlog, Program Increment , etc.)
- Challenge, coach, and guide the organization using Agile and lean principles, experimenting with processes and tools that encourage continuous improvement
- Facilitate the team’s progress toward team goals, continuously engaged in challenging the old norms of development to improve performance in the areas of quality, predictability, flow, and velocity.
- Focus the team on daily and Iteration Goals in the context of current Program Increment (PI) Objectives
- Collect metrics to provide teams and the organization with relevant feedback on velocity, quality, and overall impact of our efforts
- Support the Product Owner in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team while facilitating a healthy team dynamic with respect to priorities and scope
- Eliminate impediments by actively addressing issues so that the team can remain focused on achieving the objectives of the Iteration. Escalate when blocking issues are beyond the team’s authority or may require support from other teams
- Foster a collaborative environment for a high-performing team through coaching and leading with servant leadership behaviors
- Communicate with management and outside stakeholders, protecting the team from scope expansion and items out of their control
- Represent the team in the Scrum of Scrums (SoS) meeting, passing along information from that meeting back to the team. Coordinate with the System Team, User Experience, Architecture, and Shared Services Teams
- Facilitate preparation and readiness for ART events, assisting the team in preparation for ART activities, including PI Planning, System Demos, and Inspect & Adapt
Minimum Degree Required:
- Learning new technologies quickly and without formal training;
- Communicating ideas to business and technical people;
- Utilizing proven written, verbal, and interpersonal skills with aptitude to understand and solve problems;
- Managing multiple tasks and assigned projects;
- Building relationships and influencing decisions;
- Coordinating/integrating resources who are not direct reports;
- Working independently with minimal supervision; and,
- Leveraging ability with applications and systems that support the following processes including:
- Product lifecycle management, ideation management, product planning and requirements gathering
- Agile project management
- Code-development, quality management, test automation, integration and build automation
- Continuous integration and deployment, issue and problem management, application and infrastructure measurement and monitoring
- Integration with business systems, information security, and cloud orchestration.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Business Analytics, Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Management Information Systems, Mathematics
Tampa preferred, may sit remotely in the US. Travel may be needed for those not located in Tampa.