PSR Associates, Inc.
is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
The Web and Mobile Business Analyst will participate in all phases of an enterprise implementation of the application functionality, and will help support the solution post-implementation, working with the 3rd
party and other teams where required to implement enhancements, fixes, and upgrades in the specific functional area. This is a highly visible functional position that requires the knowledge and hands-on support experience of enterprise-level applications, the intricacies of system configuration and administration across an enterprise, capacity and throughput parameters, and business objectives.
The business analyst will work with Project Team Leads and be responsible for collecting and documenting business requirements, contributing to solution design, authoring user stories, functional specifications, and test scripts, while participating in the acceptance testing of applications and business solutions.
Successful candidates must have a deep and broad background in web application or API development and delivery from initial business case through deployment to operations and support. Prior experience as part of or supporting Agile based teams is required.
technical resources and business
systems analysts in delivering in delivering a well designed and engineered solution that is integrated
with the existing or defined IT architecture and meets clearly defined technical requirements.
Skills and Attributes:
- Administer and manage owned day-to-day project and operational activities; identify and resolve project and operational problems.
- As directed by Applications Manager or Project Team Lead, perform training function for the Company personnel on policies, procedures, and computer systems of associated project work.
- Perform system reporting and management support for company personnel.
- Contribute to and/or ensure productivity and effectiveness of project teams.
- Inform Project Team Lead of work progress on a regular basis.
- Acquire solid working knowledge of policies, procedures, and corresponding computer systems in assigned functional areas.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to discover and document business requirements, translating these high-level business requirements into the user stories and specifications needed by the Information Architecture and technical teams.
- Work with internal & external stakeholders to develop and document current business processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and document future business process flows.
- Work closely with the team to efficiently solve business needs/ problems with unique and innovative system designs and solutions.
- Provide or execute the Quality Assurance team with the necessary details for them to test and validate that the technical solution has met scope and quality expectations, Responsible for ensuring the appropriate change management is implemented such as business training is provided to ensure a smooth "go-live" scenario.
- Experience gathering business requirements, designing, testing, and implementing applicable applications/solutions and upgrades.
- Experience with Confluence and Jira preferred
- Strong ability to work with third party hosting and development providers.
- Demonstrate ability to serve as the liaison between business users and external development partners as well as other teams.
- Has both conceptual and hands-on experience in range of functional needs including strong knowledge of related business end to end processes.
- Organized and excellent in documentation.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good project management knowledge is preferred.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories.
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Good understanding of data modeling and relational databases
- Ability to create basic queries and create reports for analysis.
- Good understanding of application platforms
- Experience with infrastructure build-out, application deployment, and release management
- Strong analytical thinking, process, and conceptualization skills.
- Ability to provide functional/technical alternatives, recommend solutions, and participate in implementation.
- Expertise in multi-tasking with the ability to work on and manage many projects in various stages of scoping, requirements, design, development, and data conversion.
- Ability to work and produce required results without close supervision, Strong work ethic and self-starting attitude.
The Web and Mobile team projects will include Web and Mobile content management systems and API Gateways. Prior experience working with CMS's and API Gateway teams is ideal. Existing experience working in Confluence, Jira and an Agile methodology as this is pervasive in our teams.