PSR Associates, Inc.
is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
DevOps works closely with development teams to plan, deploy, and support multiple applications across our working environments. Daily the team utilizes industry leading practices to assure smooth application integration across the team’s entire architecture, as well as research, design and prototype new solutions to facilitate application growth.
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Analytics, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Business Analytics, Computer and Information Science, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Management Information Systems, Mathematics
Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert (preferred), Google Cloud Platform Qualified Developer or Amazon Web Services certifications (Solutions Architect or Developer)
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and a proven record of success improving and managing the productivity of technology processes and business processes by creating highly automated workflows for software development and operations including the following areas:
- Understanding CI/CD toolchains centred around tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Teamcity, etc.
- Enabling DevOps tools such as Azure DevOps, Gitlab, Github, Artifactory, Sonarqube, Fortify/Veracode, Vault.
- Understanding operations tools (e.g., Application Insights, Splunk, ELK stack, New Relic, App Dynamics, Data Dog);
- Understanding test automation tools (e.g., Selenium, Qualitia);
- Understanding Agile software development practices.
- Understanding configuration management tools (such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible);
- Administering Linux OS to include network and software application configuration.
- Configuring continuous integration within a development environment using tools such as Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Git and Nexus.
- Automating repetitive development, operations and deployment tasks.
- Documenting systems and networks, refining requirements, self-identify solutions and communicating to the team.
- Managing databases, including database design, creation, manipulation, and query; and,
- Utilizing enterprise tools (such as BPM or ESB tools) for orchestration of services and workflows, as well as messaging queues (e.g., RabbitMQ).
- Demonstrates extensive abilities and a proven record of success automating workflows and identifying process improvements, which includes the following areas:
- Demonstrating desire to keep learning, maintain own skill set, stay up to date and expand one’s knowledge across the full stack.
- Demonstrating desire to improve the ‘status quo’, especially automating and improving software development and operations processes to achieve massively higher delivery velocity and operations quality.
- Managing and analyzing existing processes to identify automation opportunities across multiple platforms and technologies.
- Contributing to thought leadership through participation in the development of technology processes.
- Developing reporting to measure the effectiveness of the toolchain on dev and ops.
- Applying continuous independent judgement while collaborating with others, and influencing others within the project and domain teams; and,
- Building and leveraging relationships as well as specialist level verbal and written communication skills.