PSR Associates, Inc.
is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
The Event Planner collaborates with event hosts to plan and execute multiple types of events of varying complexity to ensure a successful business outcome. The Event Planner provides expert consultation across the institute to drive consistent application of event protocol, branding and a successful event experience. The event planner exudes strong time management, project management and customer-focused communication to ensure clear and positive ROI for all Events.
Education and Experience:
- Responsible for collaboration, proactive engagement and end-to-end event management for events hosted by assigned key stakeholders and other event hosts, as assigned.
- Serve as the principal liaison between event host and suppliers throughout the planning and execution process.
- Cultivate and maintain effective relationships internally with key stakeholders, internal departments, and vendors to ensure all regulations and event protocols are adhered to.
- Consults with event host to conduct needs assessment with the ability to fully grasp and help execute according to the intended outcome of the event.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining event project plans that deliver comprehensive view of event details.
- Prepare and manage event budget, review, and understand contract details, monitor event staffing, coordinate creation and production of conference/event materials, manage invoice/fee reconciliation and payment, as well as conduct post-event evaluations to monitor and report areas that need improvement and/or require reconciliation.
- Consistently provide unparalleled customer service with an emphasis on strong communication, the customer experience and meticulous attention to detail
- Accountable for all administrative tasks associated with event payment and time tracking.
- Travel to lead and provide on-site event support.
- Collaborate effectively with the Marketing Communications Partner to understand sector or institute goals needed from the meeting/event; develop a reliable and trusted business relationship with sector or institute management as a meetings/events conduit for business success.
Skills and Attributes:
- Requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent event planning or hospitality industry experience.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) preferred
- Working knowledge of meeting management system(s), web-based registration and communication tools and ability to learn other tools as developed to successfully execute and evaluate meetings/events.
- Interpersonal skills: Instill confidence and trust among event constituents; positively represent our client to members and vendors; effectively work with employees at all levels.
- Able to incorporate Strategic Marketing and Communications team visions including consistent branding, communication, and event experience guidelines in a purposeful, impactful way to all events.
- Event Industry Tools: Familiar with basic audio-visual equipment and event logistical items (e.g., sets, lighting, microphones, voting systems); familiarity of leading tools including event apps, communication and registration tools, and other tools that lend themselves to promoting engagement and enhancing the event experience.
- Experience Marketing Events and Trade Show experience a plus
- Experience in people leadership a plus
- Expert people skills, particularly in terms of building confidence, demonstrating creativity and follow-through to support the Event Experience.
- Strong verbal communication skills to lead production meetings, negotiate agreements, manage unexpected issues, interact effectively with wide variety of people, and provide stellar customer service.
- Strong written communication skills to create, implement and evaluate event plans; ability to write various communications for stakeholders about events.
- Must be able/willing to travel significantly.
- Partners effectively with colleagues, customers, and vendors
- Takes accountability for personal excellence, confident & self-starting.
- Exceptional communication and follow-up, both verbal and written
- Must be self-directed with strong project management.
- Poise and grace under pressure
- Results-oriented, solid work ethic
- Enthusiasm for event planning, communications, and the Event Experience
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up; ability to garner trust and confidence.
- Ability to manage time and competing/concurrent priorities.
- Ability to garner trust and confidence, mentor Event Experience Team staff and other internal staff in event protocol.
- Unquestionable ethics and integrity
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills; thoughtful, consultative, offers recommendations.
- Desire to help others succeed