PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA. Trusted, connected, experienced and fast, PSR Associates delivers the right talent to help leading companies perform at their best!
OCM Project Leader Position Description
The Organizational Change Management (OCM) Project Lead will serve as a principal liaison between the Organizational Change Manager and Project Management Teams for technology projects, as it relates to Organizational Change Management needs. The incumbent will receive direction and support from the Organizational Change Manager and oversee the planning, development, recommendation, and implementation of OCM efforts and activities that support organizational engagement, readiness, and adoption.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Leadership, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Or equivalent work experience.
Typically has 3 to 5 years of business/industry work experience, with 1 to 3 years of project or program leadership/management and/or Organizational Change Management experience.
Primary Job Duties/ Tasks
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Plan, direct, and coordinate activities, tasks, and workload.
- Assess technology projects and provide Organizational Change Management (OCM) scope, budget, and schedule estimates and recommendations.
- Plan, design, and develop OCM activities, tools, guidelines, and standards.
- Oversee and assist in the execution of OCM activities.
- Maintain project reporting mechanisms and provide content for various meetings, workshops, communications, etc.
- Assist the Project Management Office in identifying, prioritizing, and communicating opportunities for OCM to achieve project goals.
- Participate in and/or facilitate OCM workshops, and implementation activities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones.
General Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, practices, tools and techniques outlines in Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Knowledge of assessment and analytical process and practices.
- Knowledge of industry concepts, practices relating to adult learning and instructional theories.
- Knowledge of Organizational Change Management practices.
- Skill in effective communication, coordination, and analytics.
- Skill in strategic planning, program development, and project management.
- Skill in researching, compiling, and analyzing data to report findings and recommend solutions.
- Skill in providing presentations, consultation services, and training programs.
- Skill in using Microsoft Suite; including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- Skill in overseeing change management activities and tools to identify and evaluate stakeholders’ knowledge, skills, and abilities, enhance professional development, deliver communications and increase engagement, and monitor implementation for multiple enterprise level projects, priorities, and initiatives in accordance with policies, procedures, and systems and applications requirements.
- Skill in communicating and collaborating with Executive Leadership, Organizational Change Management staff and consultants, Project Management Teams, Project Networks, Stakeholders, and other project vendors.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, prioritize, and manage complex work assignments and schedules and develop deliverable and Task Work Order requirements.
- Ability to research, identify, and implement innovative solutions.
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate meetings, workshops, conferences, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively; both verbally and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to coordinate and manage projects and resources from a high level, including cost, work, and vendor performance.
- Ability to categorize work, set priorities, and determine short and/or long-term goals and strategies to achieve them.
The selected candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Communication: Have the ability to clearly convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (i.e.; project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process information provided by others.
- Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e.; business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem.
- Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
- Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism, and maintain effective work relationships with others.
- Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others.
- Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
- Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make recommendations as accordingly.
- Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal.
- Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.