PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA. Trusted, connected, experienced and fast, PSR Associates delivers the right talent to help leading companies perform at their best!
Technical Writer (Entry Level) Position Description
We are seeking Entry Level Technical Writers to join our team in Tallahassee, FL. This position will be responsible for multimedia development using Adobe Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite (i.e., Illustrator, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition), 3D Modeling, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Technical Writing, Business Administration, Graphics Design, Instructional Design, Web Design, Graphic Design, Corporate Multimedia Production, Digital Design and Animation, Fine Arts, or other multimedia related subject or other related field.
- Or equivalent work experience.
Primary Job Duties/ Tasks
- Typically has 3 to 5 years of business, technical writing experience and/or working knowledge of multiple software and graphics, web, instructional design and multimedia production experience.
Job Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Design and develop Computer-Based Training (CBT) by using engaging learning activities, course content, quizzes and course interactions that will aid in retention and transfer, meet the business need and support the overall training strategy of the department.
- Create compelling graphics, such as banners, logos, flyers, posters, infographics, etc. using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Edit and create engaging video for use on websites and in CBTs using Adobe Premiere Pro, Captivate, and After Effects.
- Create storyboards, discuss project plans, follow project schedules, and manage project workloads independently while maintaining a strong working relationship and effective communication with the team members.
General Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning concepts, techniques, and methods
- Knowledge of trends in creative design, processes, products, digital media, and websites
- Knowledge of 508 Electronic and Information Technology Standards
- Skill in researching, compiling, and analyzing data to report findings.
- Skill in using office automation tools (MS Office 2010, SharePoint 2010, Email/Calendaring, etc.) Ability to use multimedia development tools (audio-video production, streaming media, graphic design, web site design, computer-based training software, publication software, etc.), with special emphasis on the Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Captivate
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written
- Ability to interact and collaborate directly with customers and colleagues.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and prioritize work assignments for him/herself or other team members.
- Ability to receive and give constructive criticism and maintain effective work relationships.
The submitted candidate must be able to apply common knowledge, skills, and abilities in the following areas:
- Communication: Have the ability to clearly convey information, in both written and verbal formats, to individuals or groups in a wide variety of settings (i.e., project team meetings, management presentations, etc.). Must have the ability to effectively listen and process information provided by others.
- Customer Service: Works well with clients and customers (i.e., business office, public, or other agencies). Able to assess the needs of the customer, provide information or assistance to satisfy expectations or resolve a problem.
- Decision Making: Makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions.
- Flexibility: Is open to change, new processes (or process improvement), and new information. Has the ability to adapt in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles. Ability to receive and give constructive criticism and maintain effective work relationships with others.
- Interpersonal: Shows friendliness, courtesy, understanding, and politeness to others.
- Leadership: Motivates, encourages, and challenges others. Is able to adapt leadership styles in a variety of situations.
- Problem Solving: Able to identify, evaluate, and use sound judgement to generate and evaluate alternative actions, and make recommendations as accordingly.
- Team Building: Encourages, inspires, and guides others toward accomplishing the common goal.
- Quality Assurance: Knowledge of the ideologies, techniques and tools for quality assurance and control. The ability to put the ideologies, techniques, and tools into practice.