PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA. Trusted, connected, experienced and fast, PSR Associates delivers the right talent to help leading companies perform at their best!
IT Project Manager (Team Leader) Position Description
We are seeking an IT PM to join our team in Tallahassee, FL. This position requires onsite work in Tallahassee.
The IT PM we are seeking will typically have 7 to 10 years of IT work experience, with at least 3 years of leadership experience and 5 years in managing projects. Additionally, this position requires all candidates to undergo a background check that includes a fingerprinting component.
Scope of Work/Job Characteristics
The duties and responsibilities work include the following tasks:
- Lead and/or assist in technical Business Requirements gathering sessions.
- Work closely with customers, stakeholders and IT software developers to document business requirements.
- Develop As-Is, To-Be and other required business analysis documentation.
- Develop and lead implementation of business process improvement recommendations.
- Lead project management office and governance-related processes.
- Manage project and program resources, as necessary.
- Maintain project metrics in accordance with prescribed standards.
- Maintain all project artifacts in accordance with PMO standards and other documentation as necessary to ensure compliance with chapter 60GG-1, Florida Administrative Code.
- Function as a liaison to internal users and business areas.
- Follow a standard set of practices that ensure the integrity and quality of project artifacts.
- Manage expectations of diverse stakeholders and provide regular briefings to executives; and
- Work independently as part of a larger cross-functional team.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
The following experience, skills, and/or knowledge are required for this position:
- Five (5) or more years’ experience working as a Project Manager.
- Experience managing Agile and Waterfall projects.
- Current Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Three (3) or more years’ experience leading executive-level process improvement or enterprise change management initiatives.
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, and methodology development.
- Experience with human resource management or capacity management related to organizational planning.
- Experience coordinating business users, technical staff, and architects to help analyze and define future needs and operations based upon use case and analysis of alternatives.
- In-depth knowledge of business process design and re-engineering.
- Ability to coordinate project teams and effectively conduct the initiative to meet overall objectives.
- Experience communicating and working within cross-departmental teams, strong collaborative skills.
- Excellent computer skills, with strong concentration on Microsoft Project, Word, Visio, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to schedule and manage large project using Microsoft Project.
- Experience preparing status reports and providing management briefings.
- Ability to provide excellent leadership and negotiation skills; and
- Ability to provide excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The following experience, skills, and/or knowledge are preferred for this position:
- Experience working with or introducing IT service management processes.
- Experience introducing or working with capacity management or capacity planning.
- Experience working with technical programming teams.
- Knowledge of IT standards in a criminal justice environment.
- Experience developing applications.
- Experience with technical writing.
- Experience providing technical business analyses for government entities.
- Experience working with law enforcement agencies and their associated security requirements.
- Experience with Chapter 60GG-1, Florida Administrative Code.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM).
- A take charge, can-do attitude.
- Negotiations, mediation skills; and
- Experience successfully leading government projects.