PSR Associates, Inc.
is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the overall design and operation of the network. This includes switching, routing, wireless, load balancing, firewalls, security services, WAN, and any other mechanism required to transport traffic through the network. The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for architecting data flows within the environment, to include on premise and cloud technologies. The Senior Network Engineer is required to maintain proficiency across all required technologies and stay abreast of emerging technologies that may apply to the efficiency, stability, security, and flexibility of the network.
Education and Experience:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation and support of the network. This includes, but may not be limited to, any platform that is responsible for transporting traffic into, through and out of the network.
- Responsible for troubleshooting support tickets and performance issues, developing a solution, and executing on the solution, ensuring that the resolution is in line with the long-term goals of IT.
- Responsible for providing design recommendations in support of IT initiatives. The Senior Network Engineer will also be responsible for the execution and subsequent maintenance of the proposed design and/or platform.
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading existing platforms within the network.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining network documentation.
- Responsible for leading and mentoring junior level network resources to assist in growing their skillsets and capabilities.
- Responsible for providing network performance metrics to leadership, to assist in identifying areas of improvement and/or concern, along with recommended resolutions.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining positive relationships across the enterprise, to help support the mission of IT and its support of existing and new business initiatives.
Skills and Attributes:
- 10+ years of relevant job experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience.
- At least one active Senior / Mid-tier level industry certification (CCIE, CCNP, PCNSE, CCE-N, CCP-N) highly preferred.
- At least one active junior level industry certification (CCNA, CCNA-W, CCNA-S, PCNSA, CCA, etc.) required.
- Experienced with designing, supporting, and troubleshooting network switching environments.
- Experienced with designing, supporting, and troubleshooting network routing environments, across LAN, WAN, and Internet.
- Experienced with designing, supporting, and troubleshooting network security platforms in complex environments.
- Experience with designing, supporting, and troubleshooting complex datacenter networking platforms, across multiple datacenters.
- Experienced in designing, supporting and troubleshooting QoS, utilizing multiple methods.
- Extensive experience with network monitoring and analysis tools.
- Experience working as part of a large technical project team, providing meaningful and measurable project leadership skills.
- In depth knowledge of L2-L4 protocols is required. In depth knowledge of L7 protocols is desired.
- Ability to recommend and design network platform changes based on business needs.
- Familiarity with infrastructure services in support of network services. This includes, but is not limited to DNS, NTP, certificate services, authentication mechanisms, etc.
- Familiarity with Cisco platform OSs, load balancers, Cisco, and PAN firewalls.
- Ability to perform complex technical analysis utilizing multiple tools for problem identification and resolution.
- Familiarity with command line systems administration is required, and scripting is strongly desired.
- Strong documentation skills and familiarity with Visio, Excel, Word, and similar tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Need subject matter expert in one of the following fields: Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco ACI, Citrix ADC, IP Routing, Datacenter Switching.
- Must have one or more of the skills defined in the skill matrix below.