PSR Associates, Inc.
is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA.
The business analyst will participate in all phases of an enterprise implementation of the application functionality, and will help support the solution post-implementation, working with the 3rd
party and other teams where required to implement enhancements, fixes, and upgrades in the specific functional area.
This is a highly visible functional position that requires the knowledge and hands-on support experience of enterprise-level applications, the intricacies of system configuration and administration across an enterprise, capacity and throughput parameters, and business objectives.
The business analyst will be responsible for collecting and documenting business requirements, contributing to solution design, authoring user cases, functional and technical specifications, and test scripts, and participating in the testing of applications and business solutions for the company.
Successful candidates must have a deep and broad background in application development and delivery from initial business case through deployment to operations and support. Prior experience writing system requirements, workflow documentation, project plans, and test cases is required.
It is expected that the person in this position will have the required comprehensive knowledge of frontend components of the relevant applications.
Education and Experience:
- Participate in division level planning activities as directed by management. This includes continually identifying and supporting opportunities to improve systems and business processes, project management/applications development methodology and product reviews or pilot.
- Assist day-to-day activities of the business analyst team members (Regular and/or Contractor). This includes mentoring to new and junior business analysts. Serve as a role model of proper professional attitude.
- Perform problem solving function in a team environment across business functional areas. Responsibilities will involve family of interrelated functional areas across business divisions. Coordinate multiple groups, perform project management functions ensuring solution has met scope and quality expectations,
- Responsible for ensuring the appropriate change management is implemented such as business training is provided to ensure a smooth "go-live" scenario.
- Administer and manage the day-to-day project and operational activities; identify and resolve project and operational problems. As directed by Project Team Lead, Applications Manager or higher. Perform function for the company personnel based on SDLC best practice and the company’s policies, procedures, and computer systems. Contribute to and/or ensure productivity and effectiveness of project teams. Lead or support project team lead of work progress on a regular basis. Performs related duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business users and subject matter experts (SME) to discover and document business requirements, translating from high-level business requirements into the user stories, necessary details and specifications needed by other team members, which includes internal & external stakeholders, quality assurance testing member, technical developer, system integrators and other members of the team through meeting facilitation and presentation.
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related areas, applicable professional certification with more than 5 years of professional experience in IT industry or equivalent experience is required
- Managed mid-size to large projects
- Demonstrated experience with best practices for the applicable job functions
- Multiple application full life-cycle implementations and upgrade experience
- Successful candidate will have 4-6 years of experience developing, implementing, and supporting Blackboard Learning Management system and similar LMS application, great understanding of Content Management within a Learning Management System.
- Good understanding of the technology behind LMS and LXP.
- Strong documentation skills related to support process flow and troubleshooting Experience documenting functional and technical requirements including interface field mapping and any transformation logic
- Proficient in gathering business requirements, producing quality design, testing documentation, and implementing applicable applications/solutions and upgrades.
- Strong ability to serve as the liaison between business users and external development partners as well as other company teams.
- Has strong analytical and hands-on experience in range of functional needs including strong knowledge of related business end to end processes; demonstrated by the ability to create original concepts/theories, provide alternatives, recommend solutions and implementation.
- Great experience on application build-out, application deployment, and release management best practice.
- Good understanding of data modeling and relational databases
- Ability to create basic queries and create reports for analysis
- Good understanding of application platforms and keeps up with technology.
- Experience with application deployment and release management.
- Expertise in multi-tasking with the ability to work on and manage many projects in various stages of scoping, requirements, design, development, and data conversion
- Great interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Strong project management skills with great familiarity with PM tools such as MS Projects.
- Ability to work and produce required results without close supervision, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Eager and open to learning and taking on new initiatives.
- Comfortable performing at both strategic and tactical tasks is also a requirement.
- Experience with Agile methodologies preferred
- Deep knowledge and expertise in the implementation and administration of the learning management experience including Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard.
- Proven ability to develop strategic change plans with demonstrated excellence in writing or system demonstration.
- Experience presenting to and working with senior management team members
- PMP certification and/or Six Sigma process improvement methodologies is a definite plus.
- Ability to adjust to frequently changing priorities Strong Outlook mail calendar, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio skills SharePoint Online skills Excellent Communication skills Proficiency in demonstrating the Core client Values.
Successful candidate will have 4-6 years of experience developing, implementing, and supporting Blackboard Learn, Blackboard Collab, Blackboard Ally and similar LMS application, great understanding of Content Management within a Learning Management System.
Good understanding of the technology behind LMS and LXP.
Strong documentation skills related to support process flow and troubleshooting Experience documenting functional and technical requirements including interface field mapping and any transformation logic.
Techno functional, analytical, and great project management skills and experience in Learning Experience Platform. Great passion and dedicated to related industry.