PSR Associates, Inc. is an IT consulting firm specializing in Staffing and Recruiting Services. People. Solutions. Results. Founded in 2003, PSR Associates, Inc. is headquartered in Atlanta, GA, with additional offices in Tampa, FL; Washington, D.C.; Charlotte, NC; Austin, TX; and Irvine, CA. Trusted, connected, experienced and fast, PSR Associates delivers the right talent to help leading companies perform at their best!
Service Desk Analyst - Temporary
We are seeking the services of 2 Service Desk Analysts to provide direct first-line level 1 service desk support to schools and administrative locations.
The Service Desk Analyst will work with a team of other service desk analysts, under the general supervision of a Service Desk Team Lead and the IT Service Operations Manager, who is responsible overall for the Service Desk operations. Depending on the proficiency and level of expertise, the Service Desk Analyst may be selected to be part of the level 2 support (within the service desk) to provide expert support to other Analysts for critical issues or applications.
Scope of Work/Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Monitor telephone system and take calls from users
- Log all reported incidents, Fulfillment Requests (Service Requests) and attempt to resolve issues at 1st contact in accordance with established SLA’s
- Escalate incidents to level 2 or level 3 support according to established processes and procedures
- Track and follow-up on incidents escalated to technical teams to ensure issues are resolved promptly and closed
- Remotely connect to user computers and assist with resolving issues as necessary.
- Perform proactive support activities including but not limited to:
- o Ensuring that antivirus software installed on all machines and scans are completed routinely.
- o Update user and asset information in database (as necessary)
- Provide support for IT projects (as needed)
- Follow established processes and procedures.
- Report to IT any suggestions that will improve process or make support easier or more efficient
- Maintain exceptional customer service posture at ALL TIMES
- Document work performed (and steps to resolve issues) at all times within ticketing system for audit or knowledgebase purposes
- Record and submit checklists or other documentation as required
3+ years' work experience (minimum) … 5+ years preferred:
- HDICSR certification (or similar) preferred
- Strong customer service skills
- Prior experience with service desk support is a MUST
- Prior experience working as a desk side support analyst is a plus
- A+ Certification is a plus
- Proficient in understanding of network, wireless support
- Knowledge of best practice security standards and techniques is a plus
- Microsoft Windows certification is a plus
- ITIL experience/certification is a plus
- Must have clean criminal record with the ability to pass finger-print background check
- Must be authorized to work in the Unites States
- Creativity and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
- Excellent command of English language
- Oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
- Ability to work under pressure and stay calm/focused when working with irate customers or users
- Positive, productive team player
- Desire to learn new skills and improve
- Minimum of Associate degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in Service Desk support. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
This work will be completed on-site in Atlanta GA 30303. The service desk analyst would need to work in 1 of 3 shifts M, T, W, TH, F (between the hours of 7am – 5pm)
, except on district holidays.
The Service Desk Analyst will take day-to-day direction from the Service Desk Team Lead and the IT Service Operations Manager, who has overall responsibility for the Service Desk Operations. He/she will be responsible for providing regular updates as needed and meeting the deadlines imposed by the district.